Dear Readers and Authors,
IDE-Online Journal (International Dialogues on Education: Past and Present)
- is a peer-reviewed, digital journal on international educational research; publishes current scientific papers, research reports and book reviews;
- is listed in the German National Library under the International Standard Number (ISSN) 2198-5944, and until now is indexed in several directories, e.g.: ERIC – Educational Resources Information Center, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), ROAD – Directory of Open Access Scholary Resources, SSOAR – Social Science Open Access Repository, EZB – Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek, FIS–Fachinformationssystem Bildung, Gesis Sowiport – Portal für Sozialwissenschaften, Deutscher Bildungsserver;
- is published in cooperation with “Seattle Pacific University”, Seattle (USA), the “College of Education, National Chengchi University” (including “Institute of Guanxiology Studies”), Taipei (Taiwan), and the “Society of Friends and Supporters of the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg” (Germany);
- presents a timely forum in which researchers and practitioners can gain and exchange information about developments, new research results and discussions on educational research and related social-science disciplines;
- understands the title of the journal (International Dialogues on Education: Past and Present) as a broad thematic orientation for the investigation of educational developments from historical, international, and comparative perspectives and stimulates current educational discussions by broadening the horizon linguistically and inter-culturally;
- regards different scientific interests and analyses of results as enriching for academic dialogue and international, intercultural and inter-religious education and communication;
- accepts scientifically sound contributions that are imbued with humanistic, democratic values, social responsibility, respect for the autonomy, diversity and dignity of individuals, groups and communities, and without attempts at procelytization or missionary work;
- is relevant for education scholars and pedagogical practitioners but also for representatives from neighboring humanities and social-science fields whose research is in the thematic areas of education and particularly reflect global, international and intercultural aspects.
We ask all authors of articles to consider our formal “Instructions to Contributors”, and look forward to further high-quality manuscripts, sent electronically to the Editorial Board.
All the best!
On behalf of the Editorial Bord
Reinhard Golz (Editor-in-Chief of the IDE-Online Journal from 2014 to September 2020)