Dear Readers and Authors,
Since 2018 we have normally published two issues per year (the first in May, the second in November). This year, however, we had several reasons to include an additional Special Issue with contributions to a symposium on “Schools, Education and the Pandemic of 2020” held at Seattle Pacific University (USA).
Today we can also refer to the regular issue 2-2020. In the Editorial for this new issue, Arthur K. Ellis rightly points out:
Despite the seemingly broad range of arguments and discussions, one recurring theme is to be found here, namely the strategic importance of education in the lives of young people and those entrusted with their upbringing. One could say that it is about ‘education as hope, all over the world’. (…) The authors offer theoretical, empirical and practical ideas for improving the second oldest profession in the world, teaching.
We have already pointed out the following elsewhere in our journal, which I want to emphasize here again:
- We will continue to maintain a broad thematic focus on educational developments from historical, international, intercultural and comparative perspectives. Furthermore, not only educational scientists and practitioners can exchange information about their research results, but also representatives of related fields in the human and social sciences.
- We publish articles that are scientifically verifiable, permeated by humanistic, democratic values, social responsibility, respect for autonomy, diversity and the dignity of individuals, groups and communities.
- We stand for liberal, independent educational research and publication activity and against the unrestrained commercialization of access to scientific publications.
- We will continue to publish two issues per year, the first at the end of May and the second at the end of November. This means for the next issue (1-2021):
- For editorial planning reasons, it is recommended that the provisional titles of the intended contributions be submitted to the Editorial Board as early as possible.
- The deadline for sending the complete articles is 15th April, 2021.
- As always authors are requested to strictly adhere to our editorial standards and requirements in the Instructions to Contributors.
Please contact the Senior Editors of the Editorial Bord if and whenever you have any questions, for example, with regard to the first issue of the year 2021.
I wish you all the best!
Editor-in-Chief (from 2014 to December 2020)